It’s review time. Nowadays, it is very easy to get confused or get lost in the vast marketplace because of so many espresso machines. To make the proper choice, you should do the proper research about the product from good to bad.
Undoubtedly, many coffee machine manufacturers are available in the market, but not all are good and reliable. So, before going to buy any of the coffee machines, you should check the manufacturers first.
Meantime, here I mentioned the well known and renowned coffee machine manufacturers in this world is Capresso. All coffee machines models from this Capresso manufacturer are good, reliable as well as affordable.
Here I am going to review one particular model from this Capresso (i.e.) Capresso EC100. Okay! Let’s take a quick look at its features, advantages, and disadvantages.
Features of Capresso EC100:
This Capresso EC100 has a dual frother with two separate frothing positions. One is steamed milk for a latte, and another is frothed milk for Cappuccino. Using the frothing sleeve, you can make a creamy and foamy layer at the top of your Cappuccino.
If you want to make lattes, you should remove the frothing sleeve, and you can use the underlying steam tube. So, it will inject hot steam into the milk for the latte.
Thermoblock Heating system:
This Capresso EC100 uses the unique thermoblock mechanism, which ensures that your coffee is served hot and with more authentic flavors. Besides, the aromas extracted from the coffee beans which you used won’t get diluted.
15 bar pump:
Without any doubt, this Capresso EC100 offers the best quality of coffee, like in cafes and restaurants, because it uses the 15 bar pump pressure so that it will extract the most profound flavor and aroma from the coffee beans.
Note: You can use any finely ground coffee or pre-packaged espresso coffee pods to brew a cup of espresso.
46oz water tank:
The 46oz water tank of this Capresso EC100 allows you to store sufficient amounts. So, you can avoid frequent refilling as well as you can enjoy brewing several cups of coffee.
You can easily remove the water tank to clean. However, it is not dishwasher safe, but so you need to clean the tank manually.
Removable warming and drip tray:
Capresso EC100 has a removable cup warming tray, and it is made using stainless steel. So, it will help to keep your coffee hot for a more extended period.
Moreover, the removable drip tray helps you to clean the machine thoroughly without making efforts.
When it comes to the safety features of this Capresso EC100 has an auto shut-off feature. Using this, the machine will shut down its operation if it is not used for 2 hours continuously.
Furthermore, the indicator lights in the machine tell you whether the machine is ON and OFF.
The length of this electrical cord is relatively short. So, your kitchen counter looks less messy.
The design of this Capresso EC100 is quite impressive. It is one of the unique models of espresso machines in the marketplace. The exterior body is made using stainless steel and plastics.
Furthermore, the control panels are placed on the front side of the machine. So, it is easy to access and use.
As I said before, this machine is constructed using stainless steel. So, the body is relatively healthy. Besides, it provides a luxurious look to your kitchen.
Without any doubt, it offers long-lasting performance without any complaints. If you are facing any complaints or any flaws, you can claim the one year warranty with it.
This Capresso EC100 espresso machine is less expensive than the other machine. It has many fancy features.
It will fit into your budget. Its cost is less than $200, and it is one of the best coffee machines under $500, so you can buy it with high confidence. If you want to enjoy a delicious cup of coffee made by yourself, then buy this Capresso EC100 pump espresso and cappuccino machine.
- You can brew a delicious cup of coffee without any delay
- Auto Shut-off feature for safety
- Large water tank reservoir to avoid frequent refilling
- It will operate quietly
- You can clean the machine easily
- Constructions are quite strong
- The dual frother is available
- Thermoblock heating system
- One year limited warranty
- Stainless steel warming tray
- ON/OFF indicator lights
- Auto rinse function
- The black color of the body gives a luxurious look to your kitchen
- Product weight is low than the other coffee machines
- The coffee grounds need to be pushed
- The length of the frothing want is quite longer
- Diminishing performance over time
- Complaints about the inconsistent brew
- The water tank is not dishwasher safe to clean
The ON/OFF button turns the machine on and off.
If the orange light to the left of the button illuminates, it indicates that the machine is ON. Push the button again to turn the machine OFF.
When the machine is ON, the thermoblock heating system heats up (at this time, the green Ready light is off). The initial heat-up time is under one minute at average room temperature. Once the thermo-block is heated, the green READY light turns on.
The SELECTOR DIAL has three positions:
- LEFT (cup symbol) brewing coffee.
- MIDDLE (black dot) standby, brewing, and steaming stops.
- RIGHT (steam symbol), steam production through the frother.
Note: During brewing or steaming, the green READY will be off, indicating the heating system is ON, maintaining the proper temperature for brewing or steaming.
When making espresso, always use cold, clean water. Using spring water or filtered water will slow down calcium build up. Decalcifying the machine after 200-300 uses or at least every six months is recommended.
When using commercial decalcifying agents, it is essential to follow their instructions. You can also dissolve four tablespoons of tartaric acid or citric acid in 30 oz. water. Do not use vinegar as this will considerably shorten the life of the seal inside the brew head.
Decalcifying the brew head:
Remove the portafilter.
- For best results, unscrew the screen inside the brew head. Wipe off any coffee residue with a damp cloth.
- Fill the water container with the decalcifying solution.
- Place a large bowl beneath the brew head.
- Push the On/Off button and turn the Selector Dial to the Cup symbol. Allow 1/3 to 1/2 of the solution to be pumped through the system and the brew head.
- Note: There is no need to wait for the green ready light to illuminate.
- Turn the Selector Dial to the middle position to stop the process.
- Let the machine sit for approx. 10 minutes.
Decalcifying the frother:
- Remove the black frothing sleeve.
- Fill a pitcher with 6 to 8 oz. of cold water and immerse the steam wand into the cold water.
- Turn the Selector Dial to the steam symbol on the right and let the steam pass through for about 30 seconds. Repeat this process three or four times.
- Now process the remaining decalcifying solution through the brew head.
Cleaning the system:
- Remove the water container and rinse thoroughly, then fill with fresh cold water.
- Repeat the above steps with fresh cold water.
- Replace the screen in the brew head and tighten the screw securely.
The Capresso EC100 is one of the most recommended espresso and cappuccino machines under $500. The functionalities of this coffee machine are quite good as well as it holds beauty in its look. Undoubtedly, it suits your lowest budget well.
A good cup of coffee will boost the energy in your body. Right? So, buy this Capresso EC100 coffee machine and enjoy a delicious cup of coffee every day made by yourself.